Using Standard Interface to generate pick points

Hello,

Currently, I am using a standard interface to connect a robotic arm (ABB IRB1300) and Mech-Vision. I am testing the ABB grabbing sample program “sample_vision1.”

After performing 3D model matching with Mech-Vision, the result generated is the center point of the workpiece rather than the pick points.

1. How can I generate pick points for the robot?
  2. Should I choose predefined pick points in coarse matching and fine matching instead of the workpiece’s center point?
  3. If there are multiple pick points on a workpiece, how can I instruct Mech-Vision to select the best pick point?
  1. You can generate pick points using two methods:
    a. Move the robot using the teach pendant to obtain pick points (picking pose for the robot): Matching Model and Pick Point Editor.
    b. Directly add pick points in the Matching Model and Pick Point Editor.

2. For the second question, in the Matching Model and Pick Point Editor, you can choose the corresponding pose, right-click, and select the checkmark option to set the predefined picking point as the geometric center point.

3. Prioritized Picking:
    a. If you have multiple workpieces with multiple pick points (one pick point per workpiece), you can use Mech-Vision project to sort the pick points based on a prioritized picking strategy, such as sorting them along the Z-direction.
    b. If you have multiple workpieces, each with multiple pick points, and you want to sort all the pick points together, you can use the Mech-Vision project to sort the pick points based on a prioritized picking strategy, such as sorting them along the Z-direction (similar to 3.a). In this case, you might need to utilize the function of mapping to multiple pick points, done by Step “Map to Multiple Pick Points”.
    c.If you have multiple workpieces, each with multiple pick points, and there’s a prioritized picking order for the workpieces, as well as a need to prioritize a specific picking point within a workpiece, you should first sort the geometric center points obtained from the matching process based on the workpiece’s picking order. Then, you can map the geometric center points to multiple picking points as needed.