This post summarizes all the issues encountered in communication with UR robots through master control and standard interface, along with their solutions.
- Reason: The IP addresses of the IPC and the robot need to be set in the same subnet, otherwise they cannot connect.
- Solution: Check the IP addresses of the IPC and the robot to ensure they are in the same subnet.
- Solution: Go to Control Panel/System and Security/Windows Defender Firewall, and disable all firewalls.
- Solution: Open a CMD window and type ‘ipconfig’ to check the subnets for all network interfaces. Change the duplicated subnet.
E-Series robot not in remote mode. The robot can only be controlled to move by the master control controller when in remote mode.
- Reason: The robot can only be controlled to move by the master controller when in remote mode.
- Solution: Click on the teach pendant settings/system/remote control, enable remote control, then return to the main interface and switch to remote control mode in the upper right corner.