This post summarizes all the issues encountered in communication with Kawasaki robots through master control and standard interface, along with their solutions.**
- Explanation: The CPU motherboard has two ports, corresponding to Port 1 and Port 2. Usually, Port 1 (the upper port on the CPU board) is connected to the front panel. If the IP of Port 1 cannot be pinged but Port 2’s IP can be pinged, it indicates that the front panel is connected to Port 2.
- Solution: It is necessary to open the control cabinet and confirm which port on the motherboard the front panel cable is connected to.
- Explanation: IPCs have multiple network ports. Ensure that the port used for connection with the robot matches the one set in the configuration.
- Solution: On the IPC side, plug and unplug the network cable, and check the network adapter panel to see which port’s connection status is changing.
- Explanation: The IP addresses of the IPC and the robot need to be set in the same network segment; otherwise, they cannot connect.
- Solution: Check the IPC IP and the robot’s IP, ensuring both IP addresses are in the same network segment. For example, both are in 192.168.0.xxx (xxx: 1-255).
- Explanation: The IP address entered in the robot interface in Mech-Viz does not match the actual IP address of the robot.
- Solution: Ensure the entered IP address matches the real IP address of the robot.
- Solution: In Control Panel/System and Security/Windows Defender Firewall, disable all firewalls.
- Solution: Remove the router initially and test the communication directly. Ensure a stable connection without the router, then test with the router in place.
mm_controlis the file for burning the master control program.
mm_moduleis the file for interface communication. Do not confuse these two burning files.
- Solution: When burning the master control program, ensure that the file being burned is
mm_control. On the front end, select the main program. On the PC backend, run AUTOSTART.PC and AUTOSTART2.PC.
- Solution: Better cancel any running programs on both the robot front end and back end during burning. Avoid writing failures due to programs with the same name being in use.
Two PC programs did not start running. There is no running flag displayed in front of the names of the two PC programs *
- Explanation: After burning the program, it is necessary to open two system switches, AUTOSTART.PC and AUTOSTART2.PC, and then restart the controller to let the background PC programs start running.
- Solution: On the teach pendant, select the keyboard, then input the following commands:
autostart.pc ON autostart2.pc ON
Afterward, restart the controller.